Statement from Professor Dr. Theo Seiler about the SLc Expert
Prof. Dr. med. Dr. rer. nat. Theo Seiler
- Currently, hyperopia correction of 3 diopters or more is very difficult to treat, but using the LIKE procedure, we can now correct hyperopia from 3 to 8 diopters in a fully reversible two-step procedure which is simple and safe to do. The first step is similar to LASIK, we create a flap, but additionally center a pre-prepared lenticule on the optical axis and then wait for the eye refraction and corneal topography to stabilize. Step two is to re-lift the flap and make the final touchup correction on the lenticule using customized excimer ablation. The LIKE procedure incorporates an easy to produce and precise lenticule of about 7mm Ø with a smooth and even surface while maintaining the integrity of Bowman`s layer which allows easy re-lift of the flap for the touchup correction procedure. In addition this procedure can correct for greater astigmatism which is common with hyperopia.
Interview with Professor Dr. Theo Seiler
- Prof. Dr. med. Dr. rer. nat. Theo Seiler, IROC Zürich speaks about additive hyperopia surgery – LIKE procedure.
LIKE procedure - 3D Animation
- LIKE – Lenticular Intrastromal Keratoplasty. Refractive lenticule implantation for additive hyperopia surgery
Preparation of the LIKE lenticule
- Preparation of a LIKE lenticule with Gebauer SLc Expert for refractive lenticules
LIKE procedure – lenticule implantation
- LIKE procedure – lenticule implantation performed by Prof. Dr. med. Dr. rer. Nat. Theo Seiler, IROC Zürich
LIKE procedure – final touch up
- LIKE procedure – final touch up performed by Prof. Dr. med. Dr. rer. nat. Theo Seiler, IROC Zürich